Balancing Minimalism and Whimsy with @wideeyedlegless
For more of Madelynn’s beautifully crisp photos, follow @wideeyedlegless on Instagram.
Years ago, artist Madelynn Furlong (@wideeyedlegless) turned to Instagram in search of a new creative outlet. Madelynn is now a successful designer, stylist and blogger in Minneapolis, and her photos on Instagram continue as an expression of her art, refined into a casually elegant, almost black-and-white style.
"Over the past few years I have been slowly rooting myself in minimalism," she explains, "and my feed isn’t the only thing that has turned basically black and white—my house and wardrobe both have as well!" Although her photos often feature sleek interiors and crisp fashions, Madelynn says that it’s her own personality that makes her work special: "I focus on contrast, clean lines and the rule of thirds—but still with a heavy dose of whimsy because that is what makes me, me. When it comes down to it, just take pictures of things that you think are beautiful and inspire you. That’s all that truly matters!"
I swear on everything that this isn’t just some stupid contest to gain followers. I’ve been wanting a new camera for ages so now I have two. I was thinking about returning/selling my old one, but I wouldn’t be getting the same amount or more than what it was originally priced. I’ve already talked to my mum about me giving it away, and she doesn’t mind. Anyway, who doesn’t like free stuff?
Here’s how this will work:
- You do not have to follow me. I don’t want any followers that don’t actually like my blog. I do ask of you to kindly check out my blog though. If you like it cool, if not, then your loss.
- Likes do not count for anything, only reblogs will count. You can reblog this as many times as you’d like.
- Do not create any extra blogs or whatever, I will be looking on your archives.
- Winner will be chosen like as if it were a raffle drawing.
- Winner will be contacted via ask, so make sure that you have that on/open.
- This will be over on August 21st 2014, and the winner will be announced on the 22nd.
I am doing this basically to make someone else happy and also because I accidentally deleted the other contest I was doing. Please don’t participate if you already own a Canon, but you can if you’d like I guess. I really don’t care if you live in Hogwarts, anyone is allowed to enter.
Here’s what the winner will get:
- Canon EOS 1100D
- Camera Cover R-F-3
- Battery Charger LC-E10E
- EUR AC Cable 1m
- Battery pack LP-E10
- Battery cover
- Interface cable IFC-130U
- All the disks needed.
The camera is basically brand new.
If you think this is “stupid” of me to do or anything of that sort, than just ignore it. It’s that simple.
Q. “Why would you just giveaway an expensive camera to a stranger?”
A. TO MAKE THEM HAPPY!
Q. “How do we know you aren’t bullshitting us?”
A. To make a fake contest just for followers is stupid, plus, I have a picture of me holding both the cameras :)
THE DARK SIDE OF DREAMS
In the late 1960’s, photographer Arthur Tress began a series of photographs that were inspired by the dreams of children. Tress had each child he approached tell him about a prominent dream of theirs which Tress would then artistically re-create and photograph with the child as the main subject.
Gahhhhhhhhhhhh I get frustrated so easily I cant stand it. I just wanna curl up into a ball in a dark room with headphones and never leave.
I wish I was ok with being a bitch to people. Its hard when you have a group of friends and theres someone in that group you dont like but everyone else does so they are always around. Hopefully they get the hint to not touch me since I moved away every time they did and they asked for a hug and I was like nope. But I gave basically everyone else one. Bitchy behavior already but this kid creeps me out but everyone else loves him. Someone help me find a new job so I wont have to be around him pwease
There are three things that the Harry Potter fandom seems to universally agree upon:
1. Umbridge is awful
2. Maggie Smith is a perfect Professor McGonagall
3. Everyone should be at least slightly bothered by DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
4. book ginny is 100 times better than movie ginny
5. where the fuck was peeves
6. Voldemort’s movie death was stupid.
7. ALBUS SEVERUS POTTER?!?!?!?!?!?!